This is our basic Amazon jungle tour. Traveler will go to the Curassow Amazon Lodge, located at the buffer area of the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Communal Reserve.
This short program is ideal for travelers that have not much time in Iquitos and wish to observe some wildlife in their natural habitat. Activities included in this jungle tour are: hiking in the jungle to observe birds, primates and medicinal plants, piranha fishing, canoe rides, viewing of river dolphins, both grey and pink, and much more.
Accommodation for the jungle tour is at the Curassow Amazon Lodge, with private rooms (bungalows), each one with bathroom, shower and 24-hour running water. Electricity is provided by solar panels to charge batteries.
9.30 Transfer from the airport or hotel to the port in Iquitos city. Navigation 3 1/2 hr. along the Amazon River. Arrive in Curassow Amazon Lodge. Accommodation in private bungalows.
Lunch. Exploration by boat to fish for piranha, observe birds, and the hotzin or shansho (Opisthocomus hoazin) a prehistoric-look bird.
Dinner. Excursions by boat to observe caiman, nocturnal birds, mammals, etc.
Exploration by boat and jungle trekking to observe medicinal plants.
Breakfast on the boat. Swim near the dolphins in the Amazon River. Observation of iguanas and the Victoria Regia water lily, the biggest aquatic plant in the world.
Lunch. Amazon River Navigation back to Iquitos city.
17.00 Arrival in Iquitos. Transfer from the port to airport or hotel.
- Private transfer from the airport or hotel in Iquitos to the port.
- Private fast boat down the Amazon River Lodge.
- Private bungalows with private bathroom and terrace with hammock overlooking the river or the forest.
- Bilingual guide (English & Spanish).
- Custom expeditions in small groups.
- All excursions.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner are served (full board).
- Bottled water.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, milk 24 hours.
- Day and evening excursions in search of animals.
- Printed list of birds that inhabit the area Curassow Amazon Lodge.
- First aid kit and antivenom.
- Games (Monopoly, Scrabble, chess, etc.) and table football (fulbito hand).
- Amenities: hampoo, conditioner and soap.
- Rubber boots for hiking in the jungle.
- Limited electricity (for recharging batteries of cameras, laptops and other at set times).
- Optional: Camping in the jungle.
- Tent, mattresses and all the elements needed in case you want to camp in the jungle.
- Special rate at Emperador Terraza, a small and central hotel in Iquitos. Based on availability.
Service Does Not Include:
- Air tickets and airport taxes (however, we can help you organize this trip itinerary planning and buying tickets more suitable to your requirements, contact us).
- Tips for guides and staff members.
- Tips for luggage porters.
- Liquor, beverages and snacks.
- Travel insurance or health insurance.
What animals are easy to see during our Amazon jungle tours?
Curassow Amazon Lodge’s excursions aimed at observing animals in their natural habitat. We guarantee that traveler will observe wildlife due the lodge and operations are in deep jungle. Easiest animals we would observe in our jungle tours are sloths, monkeys species, birds, caiman/alligator, pink and gray river dolphins, piranhas, tarantulas and other spider species, snakes, among other. Also, we will be able to find useful and medicinal plants.